Interview day and you are all set! You’ve probably asked about the place in case you know someone who works in the organization. Confident about the quality of your work. You can do this! Motivation level a hundred :D. Are you capable of doing this job? Yes! Are you aware of the cameras to use? Yes! Niazaro portrayed a confidence that grabbed the employer’s attention and got him the job (the first time he got employed by an institution), but he had no idea how to switch that camera on! Let alone shoot. He even went ahead, searched for “Photography for dummies” to learn how to shoot :D, He’s got a smile on his face when telling this story 🙂 and a couple of years later; he mentors young photographers and is undoubtedly one of the best out here…
1. Which photographers influenced you, and how did they influence your thinking, photographing, and career path?
Most influential photographer today would be Rob Grimm and Francesco Tonelli. Absolutely changed my thinking on photography both as a business and as an art. And they make me hungry… not going to lose weight at this point.(Haha!)
2. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?
I have a few, but I would go with the cookies shot. It was the first time I was happy with my lighting.
3. Almost everyone has access to devices which makes it possible to take pictures. How do you convince your clients to choose you?
Work ethic. I have made mistakes in the past; those mistakes have made me a better photographer today. Being able to deliver and deliver both on time and as per the standards is my number one selling point.
4. Best advice given?
5. Whose work are you following at the moment?
Am kind of following everyone all over the place right now. Kind of like a stalker with a lens.
6. How is your personality reflected in your work?
Organization. I find it really hard to work in a disorganized space.
7. What are you working on at the moment?
I am doing press ups for a hotel shoot project that will run for a month or so. I am also working on a native food of Kenya project.
8. Where do you get your motivation from?
My kids, they are my drive, my world, my little minions.
9. I know you are a lover of Music, How many times does it take for you to listen to a song that you love before you actually hate it instead?
I have never hated a sound I once loved. I have however fallen in love with a song I hated…
10. If practice makes perfect & nobody’s perfect, why practice?
Who said nobody is perfect?
His Brand: ©Niazaro Kala
Companies: ©Mtu Wa Picha and ©Sepia
Photography portfolio: https://www.behance.net/niazaromaneno