Who’s been nominated for the @KenyaBuzz People’s Choice Awards Entertainment 2016 under the ‘New Kenyan Musician of the Year’ category.
I can not get enough of #WhatMamaSaid from this Afro Soul singer and song writer. The song just goes to showcase her amazing voice and song writing skills.
Being new to the industry, what lessons has she learnt so far?
- Why Music? And how has it influenced your life so far?
Music is a part of me, and I wouldn’t say it influences me, I would say it shapes who I am. 🙂
- Where do you get your motivation from?
People and situations. People are beautiful, even the bad forms of them – those make the best songs btw.
- How do you handle discouragements?
I get over it. Like literally give myself a small talk and say, “Noni, get over it!” Haha! Cold, but effective.
- Best advice given? Choose a motto to live by
Let Go. Let God. #StayWinning.
- What skills/personal attributes are most important to being successful?
I think success is defined by an individual. How I define my success is completely different from another person’s perspective. I’d say; Do You. That’s the best success.
- Whose work are you following at the moment? Your Musical Icon?
Jill Scott meets Beyonce meets K. Michelle meets Angelique Kidjo meets Atemi meets Dela meets Noni. 🙂 I’m obsessed by all these 7 ladies, me included. Hehe!
- What advice would you give me?
Do You & don’t forget to #StayWinning! (Nice!)
- How do you feel about the internet in the music business?
I think it’s the best marketing tool available. it’s user oriented and target -market oriented.
Smart musicians and influencers should use this powerful platform as much as they can.
- What are you working on at the moment?
2 songs – a bad ass song and an ‘awww’ song. Stay tuned!
- That one song that you’ll never get bored with and why?
Oh my gosh – so maanyyyy!!!
I guess ‘Back Together’ by Jill Scott wins 🙂 oh, & ‘Deeper’ by me :).
Noni is proof that she is an artist Driven by Creativity, Passion and Commitment.
Listen to What Mama Said
Vote for her as the New Kenyan Musician of the year 2016 here:
Subscribe to her YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqEv2jikXgJm9QpnEV1is5A